System Administration – Introduction
There are a number of major roles involved in the implementation and use of the TaskCentre product. One of these roles is the TaskCentre administrator.
The person assigned to this role would have a good knowledge of the organisation’s infrastructure and of the authentication particulars needed for TaskCentre to communicate with the various components involved in its deployment.
This knowledge article covers the following areas for which a TaskCentre administrator would be responsible:
- Adding users and setting up their access profiles
- Setting the product’s general options
- Creating and maintaining a folder hierarchy, with appropriate permissions
- Keeping TaskCentre running smoothly
- Migrating TaskCentre
- Moving to a New Server – Licensing Implications
Global Configuration – Introduction
One of the functions of the TaskCentre administrator is to carry out global configuration of the connections and resources that task designers will incorporate in task steps.
This involves configuring both incoming and outgoing connectors to various network resources that are accessed and used within a task.
The following knowledge articles cover aspects of connection configuration in which the TaskCentre administrator is likely to be involved, each article focusing on a particular connection and the associated tools.
- Global Configuration Overview
- ODBC/OLEDB Connections
- FTP Connections
- Secure FTP Connections – File Management Tool
- Outbound SMTP Connections
- Fax Connections
- SMS Connections
- Saving & Printing Files
- Importing Files
- MS Reporting Services Connection
- Run Sage 50/200 Report Tool Connection
- Web Service Connections