Using the SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack v3.0+ with SAP Business One OnDemand and Microsoft SQL Server
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 System Requirements
- 3 Notes for the BPA Platform Installation
- 4 Configuring the SAP Business One Integration Tool
- 5 (Optional) Notes for the Event Agent Installation
The SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack provides communication between SAP Business One and BPA Platform. It consists of:
- SAP Business One (DIAPI) Integration Agent
- SAP Business One (DIAPI) Integration Tool
- SAP Business One (SL) Integration Agent (v3.1 onwards)
- SAP Business One (SL) Integration Tool (v3.1 onwards)
- SAP Business One Event Agent (Optional)
- SAP Business One Event Tool
For a detailed description of how to use the tool pack, refer to the SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack White Paper.
This article is aimed at SAP hosting providers managing the cloud environment. It describes how to configure the SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack to connect to a SAP Business One OnDemand environment.
The SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack v3.0 requires BPA Platform (formerly “TaskCentre”) 4.6 SR1a (build 2718) or above.
The SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack v3.1 requires BPA Platform (formerly “TaskCentre”) 2018 (build 4031) or above.
Notes for the BPA Platform Installation
You must designate an OnDemand machine within the SAP Business One environment where BPA Platform is installed on.
Install the SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack on this machine and on any other remote BPA Platform machines in use.
Notes for the Integration Agent Installation
The SAP Business One (DIAPI) Integration Agent must be installed on the same machine as the SAP DI API. This machine must also have permanent internet access.
For a detailed description of how to install the Integration Agent, go to the SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack Release Notes.
Configuring the SAP Business One Integration Tool
The configuration required for the SAP Business One (DIAPI) Integration tool consists of a global connection to SAP Business One, and step configuration for use in tasks.
How to use this tool in a task step is outside the scope of this article. For a detailed description of how to use the SAP Business One tool in a task, refer to the connector tool’s product help, and white paper SAP Business One Integration Tool Pack White Paper.
Adding a Global Connection
The global configuration is used to create a connection to a SAP Business One company database. You access the global configuration via the BPA Platform client: Manage > Tools > Data Connectors > SAP Business One Integration. Note that older installations may see Manage > Tools > Specialist (3rd Party) Tools > SAP Business One Integration.
- Connection Name — A unique, meaningful name for this connection.
- Integration Agent Server — The IP address or hostname of the machine where the Integration Agent is installed.
Licence Server Tab
- Licence Server — The IP address or hostname of the SAP Business One License Manager Server.
- Port Number — The default port for the license server is
- Backend Server Name — The IP address or hostname of the SAP Business One instance. This is case-sensitive and must match exactly.
- Username — The username for the above server. Note that this username must have system administrator rights. Typically, this is the sa account.
- Password — The password for the above username.
- Backend Server Version — Use the Detect button to confirm the version rather than selecting one from the drop-down list.TIP: If you encounter problems detecting the server version, check the Backend Server Name is correct and is the same location of where the Integration Agent is installed. Additionally, you can disable IPv6 on the machine’s network adaptor.
- Username — The username for BPA Platform to use to access the SAP Business One tenant. This user must have SAP super user permissions. The format for this is:
- Password — The password for the above username.
- Select Company — The relevant OnDemand environment.
(Optional) Notes for the Event Agent Installation
The Event Agent is only required if you want SAP Business One events to be monitored for later processing.
The machine where the Event Agent is installed on must have the BPA Platform client installed (at least). This is because the Event Agent uses the BPA Platform Configurator rather than any global configuration settings to connect to SAP Business One.
It is recommended you install the Event Agent on the same machine as the one hosting the SAP Business One company databases. Should you want to install a remote Event Agent, separate from the company databases, our knowledge base article, How to Install a Remote SAP Business One Event Agent (v3.0) guides you through this.
Notes for the Event Agent Database Permissions
The Event Agent creates a database (
CodelessPlatforms.SBOEventAgentCommon) to store events. The default user permissions for the tenant’s super user only allow access to the tenant’s company database.
You must grant sufficient permissions to the tenant super user account to allow access to the specified SBO Database, but also the
CodelessPlatforms.SBOEventAgentCommon database. You do this as follows:
- Connect to the database engine where
CodelessPlatforms.SBOEventAgentCommonis stored, using the SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand the Object Explorer tree structure until CodelessPlatforms.SBOEventAgentCommon > Security > Users is visible.
- Right-click on Users and select New User.
- From the General page, configure the following:
- User type — SQL user with login
- User name — The database name, that is,
- Login name — Click the ellipses. Enter the same database name into the Enter the object names to select box. Click Check Names. From the Matching objects list, select the object matching the format:
usernameis the User name entered previously
tenant_nameis the SAP Business One tenant
[##SAPB1-DB-CodelessPlatforms.SBOEventAgentCommon-MYCRM##].NOTE: There may be an object using the same format as above, but ending in
RO##rather than just
##. Do not select this one.
- Default schema — Leave this blank.
- Go to the Membership page.
- Select db_owner.
- Click OK to save and exit the dialog.