How to improve Warehouse Operations
Improving warehouse operations through process automation and data integration can provide businesses with a competitive advantage. It reduces running costs, improves employee productivity and increases the accuracy of critical information. Here are 27 ways that warehousing professionals are using Codeless Platforms’ BPA Platform to improve warehouse operations.
- Stock level notifications – too high, too low
- Dynamically monitoring systems for slow moving stock identification
- Short shelf life stock notifications
- Generating alerts if excessive time is taken to pick an order
- Automatically sending delivery ETAs to customers when sales orders are received – these can be sent by email, fax or SMS message
- Goods dispatched/shipping notifications sent to customers. This could include an ETA for the goods and a link to track the delivery online via the parcel carrier’s website
- Warnings of large stock movements due
- Automatic notifications of any sales orders left open so they can be closed to permit picking to start
- Generating alerts if a customer is put on credit hold while an order is in the process of being picked for them
- Warning when an item is receipted into stock with margin that is too low or has been receipted at a buy price that is different to the expected cost price
- Automatically generating alerts if product is entered in to a database with missing technical information e.g. size, weight
- Reminders automatically sent to staff who have not submitted timesheets
- Automatically update eCommerce web shops with details of products currently in stock
- Publishing real-time stock levels/availability information to SharePoint, other intranets and eCommerce web shops e.g. Shopify, Magento, Shopware, WooCommerce, Amazon, eBay, EKM etc.
- Displaying pallet movements booked on television screens e.g. for today or each day of week
- Email/SMS stock alerts: Allowing customers and sales staff to check stock levels of a product simply by sending a text message or email to BPA Platform
- Chasing suppliers for confirmation that goods will be delivered on time
- Automating alerts showing goods due in that have not turned up on time
- Maintaining web based lists of planned delivery times for easy access by customers
- Produce out of hours notifications when key orders have been picked and shipped. Often requested by directors of companies that operate 7 days a week and have key customers such as the major supermarkets
- Automating the calculation and distribution of KPI reports such as inventory reports
- Automating the delivery of stock adjustment reports to managers to keep them informed of what stock adjustments staff are making
- Monitoring of equipment such chilled storage and freezers with alerts sent via SMS text message
- Automatically generating service reminders on warehouse equipment
- Automatically generating service and road tax reminders for vehicles
- Automating the production and delivery of documents required by law such as safety data sheets required by REACH legislation
- Regularly producing stats required by quality schemes such as ISO and Six Sigma
For further information on how wholesale businesses can increase profitability by selling the same level of products in a more efficient manner visit our wholesale distribution solutions.
Improving Warehouse Operations Management with Business Process Automation
This is just a small collection of automated processes that our customers have implemented to improve warehouse operations. Codeless Platforms’ BPA Platform can be used in almost limitless combinations and sequences to provide businesses with the ability to instantly reduce operational costs and increase productivity across almost every business function.
For more information on how to automate business processes download the brochure below, or alternatively call us on +44 (0)330 998 8700.