Getting the most from Purchase Order Report AutomationDownload Brochure
To become a successful business, regardless of industry specialism, it is essential that the right data is presented to the right people at the right time. A lack of real-time information can mean that ineffective business processes and procedures can occur, margins are reduced and stock availability going unnoticed.
The nature of many businesses means that detailed exception-based reporting, such as monitoring inventory levels within a database, is required. This makes manual report processing costly and time-consuming for employees to achieve.
The downsides of manual purchase order report creation and distribution are:
- Data residing in more than one business system or application
- Time-consuming, causing delays
- Prone to errors
- Knowledge of application(s) required to run reports
Timely and accurate Purchase Order Reporting
Any organisation understands the high importance of creating timely and accurate Purchase Order Processing (POP) information, which is critical to business operations.
Being reliant on employees to produce a detailed exception-based sales and management report requires the time-consuming, manual extraction of information by the employee, which involves a great deal of application expertise and knowledge. The automation of POP reports removes any training costs that may be required and ensures that reports are created and delivered in a more efficient manner.
What are the benefits of automated reporting?
- Reports can be automatically created and delivered on a scheduled basis e.g. every 10 minutes or at 8am everyday
- Reports can be automatically created and delivered on an event-driven process e.g. a large order depletes stock below an agreed level
- Real time visibility of key information
- Removes costly employee administration and eradicates human error
More than automating a Purchase Order Report
When using stock availability reports it’s not uncommon for sales teams to maximise sales opportunities whilst meeting with clients. This, however, can be a frustrating experience for many businesses with the time and costs absorbed by the repetitive administration process in report creation.
Automatically creating and distributing reports on a scheduled or event-driven process provides the ability to produce daily stock availability reports ensuring that sales team members have the most up to date information and inventory level data when meeting clients.
The dynamic gathering of data from multiple databases using Codeless Platforms’ BPA Platform provides the ability to automatically create and distribute practically any number of reports via email, FTP, attached to a CRM record or placed on a network location. Examples include:
- Manufacturing reports such as waste % per product line
- Financial reports such as aged debtors, cash flow statuses and customer status (On-hold etc.)
- Sales reports per account manager / territory
- Marketing reports e.g. CTR per campaign
- Human Resources reports for monthly attendance and employee overtime worked per month
For more information on how to simplify your Purchase Order report processing download the quick guide to planning your Purchase Order Approval system below, or call us on +44 (0) 330 99 88 700.
Quick Start Guide: Planning Purchase Order Application Implementation
Learn how to plan the implementation of your Purchase Order application to ensure it runs smoothly and is delivered on time and within budget.Download Brochure