Asset management software is a business application which provides organisations with the ability to manage, record and track tangible assets and equipment such as laptops, computers, mobile phones, company cars and inventory.
An asset management tool increases visibility of company assets in real-time. It enhances accountability by allowing employees to easily access information such as asset location, who is using the item and any additional details that may be relevant.
Do you need an Asset Management Tool?
Irrespective of size or industry specialism, modern businesses require asset management software to relieve the burden of business assets being logged in an error prone spreadsheet. It will help identify the assets which cost the company money, which employee is using which mobile phone or laptop, as well as help manage a small fleet of company cars.
Common uses for implementing the use of asset management tools include:
- Recording and tracking of company technology e.g. mobile phone and laptops
- Recording and tracking of company furniture e.g. desks, chairs
- To identify asset location and who is using it
- Company car management / Fleet Management
- Recording and tracking inventory and stock
- To record and track stationary
Benefits of Asset Management Software
Asset management software enables a business to easily track assets and maintenance activity to gain an insight into location and user information and asset data. Processes are enhanced with increased visibility and accountability of business assets by providing data in real-time. It can also help organisations improve inventory management processes and enable users to undertake regular audits.
Commercial benefits achieved through an asset management tool include:
- Increased visibility of tangible assets
- Enhanced management of asset costs and values
- Improved employee productivity
- Streamlined asset management processes
For more information on how an asset management tool can improve the management, recording and tracking of your tangible assets download brochure below, or call us on +44 (0) 330 99 88 700.