NOTE: This article has been updated and moved to the Codeless Platforms Documentation Portal.
If you are seeing this message and have not been redirected, click: How to Add an Import XML Document Task Step.
Sometimes example XML files are available but no schema files (XSD) are available. Some TaskCentre tools require a schema in order to define there input.
- Add an Import XML Document step to a dummy task.
- Go to the Main tab and use the browse button to find the input XML file. It is important that the file is a ‘full’ file with multiple examples of all of the data present in the runtime files.
- Use the “Infer schema…” button and then the Validate Schema button. (It may be advisable to alter the file type definition at the top from utf-16 to utf-8.)
- Select the whole of the schema and copy this to a notepad file.
- Save the file with xsd extension.