Table of Contents
TaskCentre can be used to automate calls to the Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS). This provides the key functionality of downloading orders, uploading inventory changes and uploading order status changes.
This article will show you how to obtain the web access credentials that allow a connection to the Amazon web service to be established.
This article assumes that you have already installed the Amazon Marketplace Connector tool (service release 1 or higher). The process of obtaining the web access credentials and inserting them into the connector tool can be completed in 3 parts:
- Part 1: Obtaining your Merchant token
- Part 2: Obtaining the Account Identifiers and Credentials
- Part 3: Inserting the access credentials into the Amazon Marketplace Connector tool
The merchant token ID is the unique identifier of your Amazon store.
- Login to your Amazon Store account using the following URL: sellercentral.amazon.co.uk
- In the top-right of the page expand the Settings menu and open Account Info. This will display the Seller Account Information page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and make a note of Your Merchant Token ID.
The account identifiers and credentials signify your consent for TaskCentre to carry out operations on your behalf. You will require a developer account to sign in and obtain these details, this can be completed during the procedure outlined below.
- Open a new web page and browse to the following URL: developer.amazonservices.co.uk
- Click the button Sign up for MWS on the right-hand side which will prompt you to sign in with your account. You can sign up here if you do not already have one.
- Tick the first option I want to access my own Amazon seller account with MWS followed by Next.
- Within the next page you will be presented with a license agreement tick box. Once you are happy to do so, tick the box and proceed by clicking Next.
- The final page will now display your account identifiers and credentials. From this page you will require the following information:
- Seller ID
- AWS Access Key ID
- Secret Key
- Within TaskCentre open the Amazon Marketplace Connector global configuration. This can be accessed from the toolbar:
Manage -> Tools -> Specialist (Third Party) -> Amazon Marketplace Connector
Begin creating a new connection by clicking Add.
- Use the information obtained above to complete the connection settings as follows:
Connection Name – Provide a display name, this will identify the connection when selecting it at task level.
Merchant ID – Enter the Seller ID.
Merchant Token – Enter the Merchant Token.
AWS Access Key ID – Enter the AWS Access Key ID.
Secret Key – Enter the Secret Key.
Country – If you are UK or Europe based select United Kingdom.
- Click Test Connection to ensure a working connection. Selecting OK will save and close the connection settings dialog and will present the connection in the tool global configuration.
This completes creating a connection to the Amazon web service, it will now be available for selection at task level.
Amazon Marketplace Integration Brochure
Discover how Amazon Marketplace integration with your business software significantly improves order management processes and reduces operational costs.Download Brochure